About the Quad Cities Prayer Center
Statement of Faith —
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Who we are —
About a decade ago, God put a vision in a couple to see the Quad Cities region transformed. After nearly 14 years as a music pastor in a local church, Scott Schaefer, along with his wife Brenda, stepped out to start a ministry with that very purpose. The vision is driven by Scott’s passion to not only lead others in praise but to train people to do the same. Partnering perfectly is Brenda’s passion to not only intercede for the region but to also study and strategize how to cover it in prayer as well as train others in local church prayer ministry.
After navigating through nearly two years of this new ministry, they clearly sensed from God what the overall mission is: to unify prayer, praise and training to benefit the church and see social and spiritual transformation. Unifying is where it starts as God put a burden in Scott and Brenda’s hearts to see churches and ministries united in true Biblical unity under the name of Jesus!! From that unification, gatherings all over the Quad Cities consistently happen to pray, praise and train.
If this intrigues you, look further into the individual ministries of the QCPC and see where it is you can plug in. And remember, we CAN build together what we CANNOT alone!!